Platinum Jewellery Care Tips
General Care for Your Platinum Jewellery
- Store platinum jewellery separate from other jewellery items in order that they don't scratch or get scratched by your other jewellery items. Place your jewellery in a jewellery box or a chamois bag.
- Store your platinum jewellery and other valuable items in a safe place like a private safe or safety box.
- Note that tough chemicals like ammonia shouldn't be used on gemstones aside from diamonds as it may damage them - consult a jewellery pro in-person for categorical direction in this matter as it is applicable to particular jewelry items.
- Have your platinum jewellery polished and cleaned by a certified jeweler twice yearly and more frequently if scratches appear.
- Take your platinum jewellery to a professional jeweler twice every year for inspection. Only permit a trained pro jeweler to work on your platinum jewelry! Adjustments, resizing, polishing and cleaning of your platinum jewellery should be supplied by a trained bench jeweler.
- Avoid wearing platinum or other fine jewelry when doing home cleaning, gardening, working with bleach, various chemical or other sorts of heavy work or manual work.
- Though the chemicals may not affect the platinum, they may tarnish diamonds and other gemstones and may cause an allergic response with your skin if overwhelmed between the ring and your finger.